About the Downtown Raleigh Alliance
Founded in 1996, the Downtown Raleigh Alliance (DRA) serves as the administrator of the Downtown Raleigh Municipal Services District (MSD), which is a defined special assessment district in which property owners contribute toward enhanced services. The management and maintenance of the public realm, via the Ambassador program and Team Downtown Raleigh, account for some of the major investments made possible through the MSD. Other program investments include storefront recruitment, business retention, and community engagement programs. The DRA also leverages MSD funds in a variety of ways through marketing, communications, and promotional campaigns to attract more customers to support the development of the district.
Advancing the vitality of Downtown Raleigh for everyone.
- Improve downtown economy through recruitment, pop-ups, financial support, research, marketing & promotions.
2. Advocate to make Downtown a place for everyone that reflects evolving needs and interests of the community and lessons learned from the recent past.
3. Make downtown an engaging place to live, work, and visit through safe activations that appeal to a wide variety of stakeholders.
4. Improve and maintain the sense of safety and security in downtown through our Ambassador program, Social Services and work with RPD.
5. Elevate and improve DRA's internal organization and processes through improved database, project management, communication, financial stewardship, and planning.
To learn more about the mission and goals of the Downtown Raleigh Alliance, read about the DRA Strategic Plan here.
2021-2022 DRA Budget
The Alliance demonstrates fiscal responsibility by remaining debt free.
Please contact Downtown Raleigh Alliance for additional financial and budget information.
An independent accounting firm conducts yearly audits of the Alliance's financial statements. Their contact information is below:
Sharpe, Patel, PLLC
5510 Six Forks Road, Suite 280
Raleigh, NC 27609
View the DRA By-Laws
Downtown Raleigh Alliance
333 Fayetteville St., Suite 1150
Raleigh, NC 27601
Phone: (919) 832-1231
Fax: (919) 832-0984